He’s good-looking, he’s funny and he’s got a great personality… so why do you still have that nagging feeling that the guy you’ve started dating isn’t the one for you? When you’re getting to know someone you should want to be with eachother all the time. If you’re not infatuated with eachother then something’s not right. These are some of the common signs that he’s not worth your time and effort:
- Okay so you’ve been on a few amazing dates (you might have even slept together!) but he doesn’t text you regularly asking you how you are.
- He doesn’t call you every other day just to hear your voice (cheesy but true).
- You do things to get his attention like posting cute selfies and he doesn’t comment on them saying you’re gorgeous.
- You’re always the first one to text him, or at least 9 times out of 10.
- You’re always the one who has to arrange a date, so most of the time it ends up being a Netflix and chill night together watching one Disney film after another.
- He still has an active profile on a dating site (and yes Tinder does count).
- He started out as the dream guy – saying he wanted to be with you and was constantly flirting, but now he’s being distant.
- You find yourself asking him all the questions and he doesn’t seem to want to know much about your life.
- He takes more than a day to reply to your messages or makes excuses as to why he hasn’t been in touch. There’s no excuse for this, if you can make the time to message him he can do the same for you (even if it’s just a quick text before he goes to sleep).
- He never has time to meet up with you in the day so you find yourself hanging out with him mostly at night. Does he think you’re a vampire for god’s sake?
Do any of these sound familiar? Yep thought so. That’s because most guys do the same thing, they’re so predictable. If he keeps up this kind of behaviour over a period of time then unfortunately he doesn’t love you and you need to move on.
Don’t settle for being treated this way because real men who are really in love will do the opposite of all of those points I made. They will text you every day just to know what you’re up to and how you are, they’ll call you all the time just because they want to hear the sound of your voice, and they’ll always compliment you on your pictures (you get the gist).
If a guy really wants to be with you he would make that much effort, so don’t just think that because he’s hot or he’s funny that that’s all it takes to be with you. I know it can be upsetting when you really like someone who doesn’t feel the same way back but you deserve someone who will treat you like the queen you are. Girls tend to forget how special they are, so I’m here to remind you all that (as the saying goes) you need to keep your heels and standards high!
Just think about what Beyoncé would say, that’s what I do. And once upon a time when a guy treated her badly she shouted “to the left, to the left!”